Flu vaccination clinics are now being run by NHS Forth Valley. Eligible patients will be sent an appointment letter to attend a local hub. If you are unable to attend your appointment, this can be changed on-line or by calling the number on your letter.
Patients who are currently receiving treatment by district nurses will be visited at home. If you are housebound and not receiving treatment from the district nurses or require transport to be arranged for your appointment, please call the Forth Valley Vaccination Helpline on 0800 130 3120.
The various Health Boards are operating differently this year, and in Forth Valley only small rural Practices are providing their own clinics. Please do not call the Practice as we do not have access to the booking system or any vaccines.
Who should get the flu vaccine?
Any strain of flu can be dangerous for people who are vulnerable to it. That’s why the following people are urged to get the free flu vaccine as soon as it’s available every winter to help protect against flu:
The following groups are eligible for the flu vaccine:
- all those aged 50 years of age and over
- those over 6 months of age with a medical condition which puts them in an ‘at risk’ group such as asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, heart and lung diseases, or autoimmune disorders.
- healthcare workers
- social care workers who deliver direct personal care (including housing support workers and personal assistants)
- unpaid and young carers
- pregnant women (including those with at risk conditions)
- children aged 2-5 years old
- primary school children
- secondary school pupils
- NHS independent contractors including GP, dental and optometry practices, community pharmacists and laboratory staff working on COVID-19 testing
- teachers, nursery teachers and support staff in close contact with pupils (in both a local authority and independent setting)
- prison staff and support staff in close contact with the prison population (delivering direct detention services)
- those in the prison population
Local pharmacies are also able to offer free NHS flu vaccines to those in the above categories, however, if you are able to travel to Stirling, this would be appreciated, in order to free up appointments for those unable to travel.
Eligible patients will also be offered a booster covid vaccination at the same time, if it is more than 6 months since their second covid vaccination.
Community Pharmacies will not be providing covid vaccinations.