Dunblane Medical Practice Patient Participation Group consists of active volunteer patients working in partnership with practice staff and the General Practitioners. We work along with the doctors and practice staff to provide a patient’s perspective on the healthcare services that are offered to the community. We aim to have all age groups represented in our group.
The group was formed in June 2006 and over the years this has empowered patients to become more involved in the operation of the medical practice services and facilities offered. The group is chaired by a patient with attendance from Dr Cecilia Clark and Sue Lawson Practice Manager. We currently have 12 members on the group which includes members from Braco.
We endeavour to have a high school pupil to represent young people’s views.
Over the years the Patient Participation Group has been involved in the following:
- Basic Life Support Heart Start Courses
- Patient survey results
- Telephone system-discussed at meetings
- Standard patient letters reviewed to ensure that they are patient friendly
- Safety Improvement Programme in Primary Care
- Change in Practice processes-repeat prescriptions
- Review of the appointment system
- Updates from nurses and health professionals who provide services at the practice
This unique partnership between patients and the practice is essential to achieving high quality and responsive care. The group meets face to face with practice staff four times per year. A practice newsletter is produced twice a year. If you would like to receive future copies of our newsletter please subscribe for this service by completing the ” Subscribe Practice News ” section on the footer of this website.